background

Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Saskatoon berries

I discovered we have a saskatoon berry tree in our yard. If it ever stops raining, I am going to pick all the lovely ripe fruit and do this recipe. Lynn - if you want a jar, let me know!! I would love to send you some :) http://www.acanadianfoodie.com/2011/04/14/saskatoon-berry-jam-the-traditional-recipe-with-berries-from-my-own-garden/
I also discovered we have a Mulberry tree in our yard! Remember that "umbrella shaped" tree in our front yard? that is actually an upside down Mulberry tree - I have discovered that mulberries are delicious! Mulberry jam is also on my agenda!

11 comments:

  1. If I WANT a jar?!!!!!!! Of COURSE I want a jar! that would be fantastic! Mouth is watering already!
    Always look to the Lord whatever the need. Praying!
    Psalms 121:1-4 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always here praying!
    Psalms 121:5-8 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that I'm always here praying!
    Isaiah 53:4-6 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying right now!
    Psalms 86:1-4 Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am here praying!
    Psalms 27:1, 4-5 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?...One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying right now!
    Isaiah 41:10, 13 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (13) For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  7. Continuing to lift up prayers!
    Psalms 63:5-8 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christ Himself gives us these promises. Know that I'm here praying!
    Revelation 21:5-7 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying so very hard!
    Psalms 142:1-3a I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication. I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble. When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need to post again because this makes my mouth water every time I come here!
    Lifting up prayers right now!
    Psalms 116:1-5 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naomi - that looks great! I mean like picture perfect for a food show great. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete