background

Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Vacuums

A couple weeks ago I just got my "new" vacuum - A Kirby Heritage II vacuum circa 1984.

I've used the vacuum several times and it works extremely well. The Kirby was built to last.

Well I finally found time to read the manual, which was so kindly provided. And what an interesting read that proved to be. I read about all sorts of attachments - some of them being more typical; hoses, brushes and nozzles of various size and function and then the manual delved into some lesser-known attachments; the rug renovator, an inflator/deflator, floor polisher, spray gun and turbo sander. All very useful items for the diligent housewife.

But my curiosity was peaked when I saw this attachment advertised:

For those that can't read the caption it says:
Massage Cup
Use with flexible hose for invigorating skin or scalp massage. Great for pet grooming.

Wow this really is a multi-purpose machine. One is definitely going to get their money's worth out of their Kirby!

Now I was really intrigued by this machine's capabilities; I decided to read further to see what else I could discover.

I then came to the section on the Turbo Sander. Firstly, I was impressed that a 1980's housewife would be brave enough to tackle a large sanding project - such as the living room floor. But as I read on I realised it was not just for floors, it could also buff furniture and polish shoes! And then this picture caught my eye:


The caption reads:
Relieve tired, aching muscles with the Turbo Sander's exclusive massage pad. Do not use the dust shroud with this pad.

Oh my! Apparently, the Turbo Sander was supposed to be a main-stay of the vacuum's functions. I am sure many husbands were thrilled to have their wives dote on them with special attentions from the Massage Cup and then the Turbo Sander with massage pad.

I could feel my excitement growing as I rummaged through the accessory box looking for the necessary items. Wouldn't Big Mr be in for a surprise when he arrived home from work??

But disappointment soon took over; the required accessories were not there. I don't know if they were worn out from excessive use and then discarded, or if the previous owner had decided those accessories were a bit too dear for her pocketbook when the Kirby salesman came round.

Ahh well. I can always keep my eye out at garage sales.

Who knew a vacuum could be so versatile!

3 comments:

  1. This is so funny! Too bad all the attachments weren't there!
    The Lord is with you right now, lifting you up, giving you strength! Always praying!
    Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL That was funny! I'm in the market for a new vacuum..I'm sure I won't find anything that interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying right now!
    Psalms 4:1, 3 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. (3) But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete